1. Monthly payment agrees: is Common in the Car insurance really an annual number. However, many insurers also offer their customers a quarterly or even monthly payment method. The advantage for the customer: at the turn of the year, further annual payments are often due – to the financial burden at the beginning of the year is somewhat offset. What many, however, do not consider A quarterly or monthly payment costs impact the bottom line is that you pay significantly more for the insurance.
2. Year term of an appointment: In the normal case, the insurance ends year 31. December, regardless of the month in which the contract was concluded. This means: the insurance can be terminated annually with a one-month deadline at the end of the year (deadline is 30 November). Some insurance companies also offer their customers flexible termination dates (under-year term). The advantage: here, too, the payments, which are generally due at the beginning of the year for many consumers, are somewhat equalized. The big disadvantage: if the insured can no longer terminate at the end of the year, he will not benefit from the price war that the insurers are fighting in November. In addition, periods of notice during the year are more likely to be forgotten.
3. A cheaper, but worse contract: Many motorists are directed to the insurance exchange only to the price. In case of damage, this can be expensive. It is always worth comparing the services of the different tariffs with each other. In the case of liability, for example, the cover amounts and possibly valuable extensions (e.g. a Mallorca policy). In the case of the Casco, attention should be paid to details regarding wildlife damage or damage caused by animal bites. For Marten bites, for example, expensive consequential damages are sometimes not covered.
4. No or insufficient replacement value – or price compensation Purchase: The replacement value compensation is an important collective feature of the insurance. In the event of total damage, the full replacement value of the vehicle will be refunded instead of the current value. For used cars there is, accordingly, the purchase price compensation. But be careful: There are differences in the term – it can range from six months to two years.
5. Insurance, the gross negligence does not cover: Gross negligence can be, for example, the damage caused, because the driver was on the phone with the phone. In this case, there is a trend in the Casco that more and more insurance companies explicitly cover damage caused by gross negligence. So you should not do without it. However, it should be noted that any damage resulting from drug or alcohol consumption is always excluded and not covered!
6. To generous distance: Many motorists to be a high annual mileage – out of concern that they would exceed a lesser distance in the end. Even if this were the case: if you inform your car insurance company in good time that the specified kilometers are significantly exceeded, nothing can happen to you. You simply pay a corresponding amount. But if you specify too many kilometers from the outset, the insurance is unnecessarily expensive – and there is no money back for the kilometers not driven. The best way to orientate your mileage is how much you actually drove in the previous year. And pay attention to the usual mileage scales of insurance companies: for example, there are 9,000 to 12,000 kilometers and 12,001 to 15,000 kilometers. Here it is worthwhile to calculate well whether you really fall into the higher sub-range.
7. To high deductible: the higher the deductible, the Insurance, the lower the contributions. In most cases, however, too high a deductible is not worthwhile, because the contribution reduction to be achieved at a certain point is no longer in proportion to the repair costs, which are then to be paid out of one’s own pocket in the event of damage. Recommended as a contribution of 150 Euro for the part and € 300 in the fully comprehensive insurance is. A deductible of this amount reduces the premium by 20 to 30 percent. If you are thinking about a higher deductible, the possible savings should be calculated by the insurance company or with a comparison calculator.
8. Services that you don’t need it: all the ways to keep them open, it means freedom but has in the Car insurance its price. Example driver’s circle: if you keep the driver’s circle open (“any driver”), you pay significantly more than if one or two drivers are specifically specified. Think carefully about what services you actually need and what your budget is. Do you also weigh different services with each other: can you, for example, dispense with a free workshop choice if necessary, but if you can still afford a fully comprehensive instead of only partial comprehensive? With a comparison calculator, you can quickly check how contributions change when you remove one or the other performance.
9. Missing deadlines: if you want to change insurance at the end of the year, you must have canceled by 30 November. It counts the receipt of the cancellation at the insurance-not the postmark! Do not wait for the annual contribution statement of your insurance company, because it often comes only in December. Then a termination is only possible in the case of special termination rights, if the contributions increase, for example. A period of four weeks also applies to special termination rights.
10. Not check whether a change is worth it: “My insurance is already the cheapest”! Many insured persons are often wrong with this assessment. Because there are always new tariffs on the market. Even the own provider for new customers probably already cheaper offers in the program. You do not have to change – if the savings potential is not so great and you are very satisfied with the service of your insurance, just let the contract continue. Nevertheless, an annual comparison is always recommended.